Vehicle search form

Find your vehicle
Do you sell standard suspension?2019-02-11T02:34:14+08:00

No we do not sell standard suspension as a rule. All our products are uprated for increase load capacity, ground clearance, handling performance etc. However we can manufacture standard suspension if we are provided with a sample and or specification to work off.

How much will our suspension raise the vehicle?2019-02-11T02:34:44+08:00

General rule of thumb is 50mm above standard ride height. However this depends on any additional accessories that may have been added to the vehicle for example winch, long range tanks, storage systems etc: We do carry specially designed springs for use with heavily laden vehicles to achieve that 50mm lift. In some cases if the vehicle is carrying no extra weight and has a sagged original suspension you can get around a 75mm lift.

Where are our springs made?2019-02-11T02:35:10+08:00

Approximately 30% of our product is made here in Australia. The other 70% is manufactured under license overseas, which you will find is the case with most of the other major suspension suppliers in Australia. We however are one of the few suspension companies here in Australia that still conduct a percentage of manufacturing “in house”.

Do you supply car (passenger vehicle) suspension?2019-02-11T02:35:49+08:00

No, we only supply 4WD and truck suspension.

What is your warranty period?2019-02-11T02:36:47+08:00

West Coast Suspensions warrant all WCS four-wheel drive parts to the original purchaser for a period of 3 years or 60,000 kilometres whichever occurs first. (Note exception: Use in mining industries – warranty period is for a period of 1 year or 20,000 kilometres whichever occurs first.)

Do you provide labour warranty?2019-02-11T02:42:41+08:00

No we do not. In some cases we may conduct warranty fitment in house, but this is evaluated on a case by case basis. Please see warranty “terms and conditions” as outlined in the back of our product catalogue.

Do you offer a fitting service?2019-02-11T02:44:01+08:00

We do conduct a limited fitting service in house so please contact us with your enquiry and we can advise you further.

What brand are your shocks?2019-02-11T02:44:45+08:00

We sell our shocks under the West Coast Suspensions “WCS” brand name. We have a manufacturing license agreement with a number of major shock absorber manufacturers. You will find this is the same situation with all major shock suppliers in Australia, where the MONROE brand is the only Australian made shock absorber on the market.

What is our product availability?2019-02-11T02:45:35+08:00

90% of out catalogue items are available off the shelf. However if an item requires special manufacture we are looking at 7-10 days for leaf springs, 3-4 weeks for coil springs and 2-3 months on shock and torsion bars.

How do we compare to other leading brands?2019-02-11T02:45:50+08:00

Out of all the suspension suppliers in Australia there are only a handful that actually manufacture themselves and we are one of those manufacturers. Also out of all the shocks on the market there is only one Australian manufacturer and all the rest are imported. So all things considered our West Coast 4WD and truck suspension can hold its own or outperform any other brand available on the market.

What is a GVM?2019-02-11T02:46:58+08:00

A Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) is the maximum allowable total mass of a fully loaded motor vehicle, consisting of the tare mass (mass of the vehicle) plus the load (including passengers).

Does a GVM upgrade also increase the Gross Combined Mass (GCM)?2019-02-11T02:47:48+08:00

When a vehicle is also towing a trailer, the GVM is the total mass of the motor vehicle’s wheels on the ground, while the GCM (Gross Combination Mass) is the total mass of the motor vehicle plus trailer. Increasing the GVM does not increase the GCM. In fact if the vehicle is fully loaded to the new increased GVM then the actual towing capacity would be decreased by the amount of the GVM increase. However if the vehicle is only loaded to its original GVM then the GCM is not affected.